Many of our clients are working with investors and need to share information from platform with them, but the Dashboards that you create to make day-to-day business decisions may not be what an investor is looking for. Here we’ll cover some best practices for how to create a Dashboard that is comprehensive but simple, ideal for sharing with active and potential investors.
Here are the steps to create Reports for your Investor Dashboard:
- Distinct buyers
All-time number of orders
- Revenue from 1st time orders vs repeat orders
- Metric – First timet order revenue
- Filter – User’s order number is equal to 1
- Metric 2 – Repeat order revenue
- Filter – User’s order number is greater than 1
- Uncheck the box for Multiple Y-Axes
- Change to a Stacked Column chart
- AOV by quarter
- Metric 1 – Revenue
- Metric 2 – Number of orders
- Formula – AOV
- All-time revenue by source
- Metric – Revenue
- Group by customer’s utm_source
- Revenue from top 10 products
- Metric – Product revenue
- Hide the chart
- Group by Product’s name. Select all products.
- Set the time range to All-Time
- Set the time interval to None
- In “Show top/bottom”, show only the top 10 sorted by Product profit
- Cumulative distinct buyers by quarter
- Site visits - New vs. repeat by month
With a Google Analytics integration, you can include reports on:
- Site visits
- Conversion rate
With Data Enrichment, you can include reports on:
- Unique customers by state/region, age, gender, etc.
- Use a clear and concise naming convention
- Share the Dashboard with investor users
- Or send it via Automated email summary
- Create only one dashboard! This will make the content easier to maintain, and you'll know exactly what your investors are looking at.
Organize your reports thoughtfully and pay attention to detail. Once complete, the Dashboard will look something like this:
If you don't have time to implement this yourself, contact our Professional Services team here discuss our team creating this for you!
Do you have other suggestions for an investor dashboard? Comment here or write about it in the Magento Forums!