Our Product and Engineering teams have been focused on making the most sweeping, highly-requested improvements possible for the last year. We are thrilled to announce the availability of a new Magento BI product architecture that makes these improvements a reality.
What are the benefits of this new architecture?
- Create new types of columns in the data warehouse, including calculated columns with SQL
- New columns are available immediately
- Data latency is dramatically improved
What’s different about the architecture?
- The main differences are listed above, but what has technically changed is the way we perform calculations during the update cycle. Calculations are no longer run on every column during every update; they are instead run on-demand from the Visual Report Builder.
How do I get to the new architecture?
- As the accounts are fundamentally built differently, there is no automatic process we can employ to “migrate” your data warehouse or reports to a new architecture account, so moving to the new architecture requires a re-implementation of your existing account.
What does it cost to move to the new architecture?
- No added cost! We will create a new account for you to begin re-implementation which will be free for at least one month. This allows you time to have both accounts open so that you can more easily perform the reimplementation and ensures that your team won’t ever have a gap in service.
How much time would it take for me to re-implement my account?
- Reimplementation times vary depending on what you want to rebuild. We recommend that you perform the following steps in your existing account to get an idea of what would be involved in your re-implementation:
- Identify a core set of reports/dashboards
- Identify metrics and dimensions required to build those reports
- Identify the columns required to recreate those metrics and dimensions
- Once this is complete, you will know what data you need to sync to the new architecture data warehouse in order to rebuild those core reports.
I’m interested, but I don’t have the time to do this myself. Can you help?
- Absolutely! Our Services team can perform your re-implementation for an additional cost. Reach out here and to streamline the process, please provide a list of dashboards/reports that you want to prioritize creating in the new account.
What do I do to get started?
- Contact the Customer Success team here!
What if I don’t want the new architecture?
- If these features aren’t important to you and you’d prefer to stick with your existing account, no problem! There is no added cost for sticking with your existing account, and we will continue supporting those accounts with no changes.