Cloning a dashboard allows you to copy all reports in a dashboard into a new dashboard.
This is particularly useful if you want to re-create an existing set of charts but change the perspective (e.g. different data view, different market, different website or store). After duplicating the dashboard, you can edit each of the new charts to change its metric, data view, filter, or group-by.
- To clone a dashboard, click the Options menu at the top of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, click Save As.
- When prompted, enter a name for the new dashboard. We recommend names that tell you, at a glance, what information is contained in the dashboard.
Lets say, for example, that you are cloning a dashboard called “Customer Activity.” This dashboard contained customer activity information for your Philadelphia location, but now you want to create a dashboard for your new New York City location. This dashboard could be named “New York City - Customer Activity.”
- Below the New Dashboard Name field are Find and Replace fields. Using these fields, we can find all charts with “Philadelphia” in the title and replace it with “New York City.”
If you don’t enter any values in the Find and Replace fields, a “(2)” will automatically be appended at the end of all chart titles in the new dashboard.
- Click the Save button to clone the dashboard.
Here’s an example: