Sometimes you just want to take a dive into the data in a table or chart. Using Raw Data Exports, you can export records from your Magento BI Data Warehouse to get a look at what's powering your dashboard.
Raw data export provides access to additional columns and dimensions generated through de-normalization and pre-aggregation of relevant metrics (e.g. User's first order date is a dimension that you can export for each user in Magento BI, while it may not be available in your database).
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Selecting data to export
- Downloading the export (.csv file)
- Accessing historical exports
Selecting data to export
There are two ways you can export raw data in Magento BI: at the chart level or at the table level.
Exporting at the table level in your Manage Data tab
If you want to export the table from Manage Data tab, you'll need Admin permissions.
- Click Manage Data > Export Data > Raw Data Export to get started.
- You'll see an Export List of recently created data exports, if any exist. Click Add Export to create a new export.
- The New Raw Data Export module will display. Here, you can customize your export by selecting or deselecting columns and filters:
When finished, click the Export Data button.
- Table - The Table field selects the table that data will be exported from. By default, this will display the table you navigated into.
- Export Name - In this field, enter the name of the export. For example: Philadelphia - Daily Revenue.
- Available Columns - This field lists the columns (dimensions) in your database that are available for inclusion in the export. To add a column, click its name.
- Selected Columns - This field lists the columns (dimensions) currently included in the export. To remove a column, click its name.
- Filter - This section lists the filters currently applied to the export. These filters can be changed; new filters can also be added to export a particular dataset.
Exporting at the chart level from the dashboard
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner of any chart.
- Select Raw Export from the drop-down menu to display the Raw Export module.
- Customize the export by choosing the table, columns, and filters to include or exclude. Refer to the previous section for more detailed info on the fields in this module.
Note that the table that displays in the Table field is, by default, the table that powers the chart.
- When finished, click the Export Data button.
Let's take a look at the entire process at the chart level.
Click for a closer look!
Downloading the export
The export will begin processing immediately after completing your selections in the Raw Data Export module. As some exports can be large in size, they are limited to 10 million rows and may take some time to run.
To check if your export is ready, click the Raw Data Exports button in the top right corner of the screen. Click the Download button to download a zipped .csv of your export.
Click for a closer look!
Accessing historical exports
To view your past exports, click the Raw Data Export button in the top right corner of the screen. Pending and completed reports can be accessed for up to seven days.