Hey! You need Admin permissions to do this.
Connecting your Zendesk data allows you to consolidate your help desk reporting in Magento BI. This allows you to optimize customer support and monitor help desk performance alongside your revenue.
Connecting your Zendesk data is a simple three-step process:
- Open the Zendesk credentials page in Magento BI
- Retrieve your Zendesk API Token
- Enter your Zendesk login info and Token in Magento BI
To complete this process, you will need to open two browser windows or tabs - one for Magento BI, the other for your Zendesk account.
Open the Zendesk credentials page in Magento BI
- Go to the Connections page under Manage Data > Connections.
- Click the Add a New Source button, located on the right side of the screen above the Data Sources table.
- Click the Zendesk icon. This will open the Zendesk credentials page.
Retrieve your Zendesk API token
- In the window/tab where you are logged into your Zendesk account, click the Settings (gear) icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- When the Settings menu displays, locate the Channels section. Click the API link in this section.
- In the Token Access section of this page, click the checkbox next to Enabled. A list of Active API Tokens will display.
- Click the Add New Token link.
- When prompted, enter a label for the token. We recommend using 'Magento BI,' so you will know, at a glance, what application is using the token.
- Click Create.
- An API token will be created. Copy this token; it'll be used in the next step.
Enter Zendesk login info and API token into Magento BI
- Enter your Zendesk site prefix and login email in the Zendesk credentials page in Magento BI.
- Enter your API token.
- Click the Save & Connect button. If the connection is successful, a Connection Successful! message will display at the top of the screen.