Hey! You need Admin permissions to do this.
You did your research, you created your ads, you launched your campaign on Facebook. Now it's time to analyze your ad spend data and see if your money is being spent effectively. Using your ad spend data, you can measure campaign ROI by marrying your advertising cost and the customer lifetime value (CLV) of users acquired from your campaigns.
Connecting your Facebook ad data to Magento BI is a simple three-step process:
- Add Facebook as a data source in Magento BI
- Allow Magento BI access to your Facebook Ads data
- Select Facebook Ad Accounts for pulling data
Add Facebook as a data source in Magento BI
- To add the Facebook integration to your account, navigate to the Connections page under Manage Data > Connections.
- Click the Add a Data Source button, located on the right side of the screen above the Data Sources table.
- Click the Facebook icon. This will display the Facebook authorization page.
- Click the Authorize button.
Allow Magento BI access to your Facebook Ads data
After clicking the Authorize button, a small pop-up window will display:
You will be taken through a series of steps to allow Magento BI to access data from your Public Profile, Facebook ads and related stats. "Okay" these steps to continue.
Select Facebook Ads Accounts for pulling data
- After authentication is completed, you will be prompted to select the Facebook Ad Accounts you want to pull data from. Select the desired accounts by clicking the checkbox iin the Connect column.
- Click the Save Connections button. If the connection is successful, a Connection Successful! message will display at the top of the page.
Make sure that you are tracking Facebook campaigns in Google Analytics as per this tutorial. This will ensure that the utm_campaign field in Google Analytics is properly populated for your Facebook campaigns.